Looking for an easy dinner idea? Try this flavor packed curry cauliflower and lentil stew.
Easy Curry Cauliflower and Lentils
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper (color of choice), sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- granulated garlic (or garlic powder), curry powder, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400, line a baking sheet with tin foil and spread out the cauliflower pieces, season with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder. Once pre-heated, throw the sheet in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil on medium in a large pot, add the onions and saute until soft and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water when necessary to keep the onions from sticking. Toss in the bell pepper and celery with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes until the veggies have softened up a bit.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, red lentils, 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic (or garlic powder), 2 tablespoons of curry powder, and the cauliflower from the oven. Let simmer on low for 25 minutes without a lid.
- After the time is up, check to see that the lentils are cooked through and you like the consistency.
Want more recipes? Subscribe to my e-mail list here and make sure you don’t miss out 🙂